Store Manager Description
To achieve maximum market penetration, to drive store growth, and to increase sales and profitability by creating a superior customer experience, and a culture of employee engagement. Partner with Human Resources to ensure we recruit quality people who are coached and developed to optimal performance levels. To provide daily leadership and establish a work experience that enables Chagrin Valley Auto Parts Co. to be the dominant parts supplier in the market.
Primary Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Achieve Chagrin Valley Auto Parts Co. mission, vision, and values through execution of plans designed to engage employees, create superior customer experiences, and achieve assigned results.
- Monitor store sales performance on a daily, weekly, monthly, and year-to-date basis. Identify problems and solve them effectively.
- Work with General Manager and with Sales Manager to establish initiatives and business plans for the store.
- Accountable for achieving store financial objectives and quotas.
- Initiate regular communication with General Manager and with Sales Manager on store issues, plans, and results.
Customer Focus and Revenue Growth
- Work with outside sales representatives in the identification, development, and maintenance of new and existing accounts.
- Identify new customers and revenue opportunities for store and implement strategies and initiatives to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Build a store team that consistently delivers high levels of customer service and business results. Coach team to achieve success in sales and to provide superior delivery service utilizing the elements of priority service.
- Address customer sales questions quickly.
- Develop leads for new accounts.
- Presenting the value of the NAPA program.
Operational Excellence and Asset Management Protection
- Insure that proper processes and procedures are utilized to minimize inventory shrinkage.
- Create a safe work environment and ensure that safety training be completed and followed. Actively work to minimize employee time loss due to Worker’s Compensation injuries.
- Understand, interpret, and comply with Company Policies.
- Effectively implement and manage processes, procedures, and reporting related to the daily operation of the store.
- Plan workloads and assign work schedules on a daily/weekly basis.
- Manage all controllable expenses.
- Assure that merchandise is received and stocked in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure that the sales area is stocked and displayed to create a superior customer experience.
- Assure that all delivery vehicles are kept in working order and are maintained in such a way as to represent our company in a positive manner to both our customers and the public.
- Ensure overall cleanliness of store, stock room, and outside areas.
People Development and Employee Engagement
- Create and teach employees to sustain a workplace that is respectful of the individual and builds teamwork.
- Ensure that employees receive important communications that impact their job, personal lives, and/or the business.
- Build employees through development of skills and abilities.
- Partner with HR to ensure that hiring, coaching, and promotional opportunities available to continue to build strength in the store.
- Report to HR issues related to safety, accidents, workers compensation, training, employee disputes, and concerns with co-workers and management.
- Demand high standards of performance.
- Follow standards related to employee coaching, discipline documentation, and terminations.
- Actively promote NAPA job training and ASE Certification.
Education, Experience, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- ASE Parts Certification required.
- Demonstrated leadership in the automotive after-market industry. Experience in heavy-duty parts and in paint.
- Has a working knowledge of the accounts the store services.
- Possesses high character and always deals fairly with both employees and customers.
- Provides strong leadership to the operation to create a high performance team focused on customer service, open communication, and a willingness to coach and provide feedback.
- Possess personal drive, self-motivation and initiative to accomplish company goals.
- Enjoys working with people in a fast-paces setting; is competitive yet has the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Insures proper maintenance and protection of Company store facilities, equipment, inventory, and the other physical assets of the company.
- Experience in sales management a plus.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to learn.
- Is able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays as required by customer business needs.
- Possesses understanding of inventory controls and stocking levels.
- Possesses strong customer relationship management skills.
To receive the employment package (documents and forms) associated with this position, enter your email address below.