Delivery Driver Description
Primary Job Functions
The primary functions of this position are to establish and maintain good relations with NAPA customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional delivery service in a safe and timely manner. This person must also check invoices to ensure that the parts ordered were correctly pulled for delivery to the customer. The delivery driver must account for cash on COD (Collect on Delivery) orders and maintain an accurate, detailed delivery log.
Secondary Job Functions
Some secondary, yet essential functions of the position are assisting with checking in stock orders and stocking products on the shelves; cleaning and routine maintenance functions for the delivery vehicle and the store; adhering to all safety rules, including the handling of hazardous materials; answering the telephone on occasion; participating in training; when requested, personal errands for Officers of the corporation; and performing all other associated duties assigned by the management.
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service.
- Be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure proper selection and delivery of parts, including identifying sequences of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
- Have a well-groomed, neat appearance, complying with Chagrin Valley Auto Parts Co. policies on conduct and dress.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills in a professional manner.
- Enjoy working with people in a fast-paced setting; be competitive yet have the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Possess a valid driver’s license that is within terms required by Chagrin Valley Auto Parts Co.’ insurance company.
- Have a working knowledge of the delivery area in which the store services and be able to operate a vehicle equipped with a manual transmission.
- Be able to work retail hours and at any store location assigned by management.
- Be able to attend mandatory training outside of the stores’ retail hours.
- Capable of lifting and moving merchandise of up to 60 pounds.
- Able to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment using moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Able to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (eight feet) with the use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Able to stand and work for the entire work shift.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and aurally and remembering their sequence.
Specific Job Duties
- Deliver parts.
- Be sure correct parts are delivered to the right place.
- Handle cash/charge transactions correctly.
- Handle core/part returns appropriately.
- Maintain a delivery log or tracking system to record all deliveries/pickups made.
- Ensure the security of company assets, vehicles, merchandise, building/property and personnel.
- Maintain customer satisfaction.
- Provide timely deliveries.
- Know where to park and who to contact at customer’s location.
- Practice effective communication skills.
- Report any problems immediately to store management.
- Apologize to customer if there is a problem.
- Ask about any other needs and thank customer for choosing NAPA.
- Maintain professional attitude, conduct, and appearance.
- Demonstrate a pleasant and helpful personality; smile!
- Adhere to policies of Chagrin Valley Auto Parts Co.
- Adhere to the code of conduct for the NAPA Professional.
- Follow Chagrin Valley Auto Parts Co. appearance and dress standards.
- Take initiative to assist others with store duties.
To receive the employment package (documents and forms) associated with this position, enter your email address below.